Friday, March 15, 2013

My Official Diamondbacks Collection Post

I've created this post in an effort to keep better track of my Diamondbacks autograph collection.

The other day I stumbled on the D-Backs all-time roster on MLB.com. I exported the list into Excel and tried to figure out how many players I had autographs from. While doing so, I had an idea. Why not turn it into an ongoing blog post?

The purpose of this is to see how many former and current D-Backs players we have autographs from on a baseball card featuring them in a D-Backs baseball card. Kind of like Ryan's Great Orioles Autograph Project but on a much smaller scale.

I've outlined a few rules to go along with our new project.

In order to make it onto this list, I have to have posted the card on the blog already. Expect a steady flow of D-Backs posts while I try to get caught up. 

If it's not a D-Backs card, it's not part of this collection. There's a ton of guys who played in Arizona who didn't get a card featuring them on the Diamondbacks. That's a shame but that means they won't be included in this project.

Non-2008 Topps cards take precedence over 2008 Topps cards for this project. Actually I haven't added any 08 Topps stuff to this list yet.

Cards signed in person take precedence over certified autos.

I'll make updates as we post new cards. Enjoy!

Brandon Allen
Trevor Bauer
Heath Bell
Andy Benes
Willie Blair
Trevor Cahill
Alex Cintron
Josh Collmenter
Patrick Corbin
Matt Davidson
Doug Davis
Elmer Dessens
Adam Eaton
Jake Elmore
Armando Galarraga
Bernard Gilkey
Paul Goldschmidt
Aaron Heilman
David Hernandez
Shea Hillenbrand
David Holmberg
Daniel Hudson
Edwin Jackson
Ian Kennedy
Josh Kroeger
Adam LaRoche
Travis Lee
Albie Lopez
John McDonald
Wade Miley
Miguel Montero
Mike Morgan
Xavier Nady
Vladimir Nunez
Augie Ojeda
Russ Ortiz
Al Pedrique
Dan Plesac
A.J. Pollack
Martin Prado
J.J. Putz
Stephen Randolph
Ryan Roberts
Tyler Skaggs
Brandon Webb
Ryan Wheeler
Matt Williams

Total: 47

2 comments:

  1. Very cool idea! Can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you email me a list of guys who played for the team but don't have a card, I'll see what I can do custom-wise for you.

    ReplyDelete