Friday, March 22, 2013

2013 Topps Opening Day - Baxter

One thing I really like about this year's Opening Day set is the inserts. They brought back a few of the favorites from last year and added some more. The mascot cards are back. In one of my two packs, I got the Diamondbacks mascot, Baxter!

During every trip we made to Chase Field last year, my son always wanted to visit Baxter. He meets fans and signs autographs during the fourth inning of each game. I haven't showed the little dude this one yet but I know he'll like it. I'm going to try to slip it into one of the packs I bought for him for Easter.

If you happen to pull any mascot cards you don't like, feel free to send them our way. 

5 comments:

  1. I love the mascots too, but why can't they put the name Baxter on the card instead of the team name? There are about 6 teams that they do that to despite the fact that all of them have names.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol. I've noticed that too. I don't get it.

      Delete
  2. You may already know this but Baxter usually figures prominently in the free D-Backs fan pack.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice pull, unclemoe! Sadly, Billy The Marlin did not make this year's set. And he may be the most recognizable figure in the organization!!

    ReplyDelete