Friday, August 23, 2013

2002 Topps Heritage - Albie Lopez

This afternoon I headed over to the Game Seven Grill for the Diamondbacks viewing party. If you're not familiar with Chase Field, there's a restaurant located right on the main concourse. It's gone through a few names and renovations since it first opened. This past April it reopened as the Game Seven Grill.

This is the first viewing party that the D-Backs have ever had there. It was really cool and I hope they do it again. They had some cool giveaways and a few freebies. I didn't win anything but that's okay. That's not why I was there.

The highlight of the viewing party was an appearance by D-Backs alumni, Albie Lopez and Augie Ojeda.

Former D-Backs starting pitcher, Albie Lopez, signed his 2002 Topps Heritage card for me.

Albie only played in Arizona for a short time but he had a big impact. He joined the D-Backs in July of 2001 just in time to help with their playoff run. Albie won four games one of which was a complete game to help clinch the division. 

1 comment:

  1. Nice! I wanted to go but it just didn't work out, but I did have a nice night D-Backs autograph wise, so I can't complain.

    ReplyDelete