Sunday, October 27, 2013

Repack Sunday!

Since these repacks came to me from Matt at Once A Cub, I figured I'd do my own Repack Sunday! This was a prize for leading our Fantasy Baseball League in wins.

All three repacks I got included one hundred random cards and four unopened packs. The unopened packs were the same in all three. A 1989 Topps jumbo pack, two packs from 2008 First Edition and a 2007 Fleer Ultra.

When Matt does these repack breaks he always shows off the future/former/current Cubs. This is a little harder to do for my favorite team, the Diamondbacks, since they weren't around before 1998 but I wanted to give it a shot.

Only one card of a player actually wearing a D-Backs uniform in this one and it's of Miguel Montero. I was surprised to get two older Devon White including his iconic 1988 Topps Rookie Cup card. The Bernard Gilkeys are nice too.


Here's a few Hall of Famers and some other cards that I just thought were nice. I really liked the early 90s subsets like the Rob Dibble K-Man and Terry Mulholland No-Hit Club.


Matt always shows off anyone with Cubs ties. I went with just the guys wearing a Cubs jersey. Calvin Schiraldi and Shawon Dunston were both on the Cubbies when they made the playoffs in 1989. These repacks seem to have a ton of these old UK 1988 Topps cards. Lots of good names here. My favorite is the Gary Carter.



2 comments:

  1. That UD Gilkey is a nice card from a great set (in my opinion).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did not even think about the fact that these boxes would be short on D-backs and Rays. The Rockies and Marlins can be light too, I guess.

    My son has noticed the lack of Nationals though and has no appreciation for Expos instead.

    ReplyDelete