Sunday, July 19, 2009

Award Winners: Ernie Banks

Wow! The last time I highlighted an Award Winner was May 31st. I guess that's partially due a steady gain of signed 08 Topps cards and partially due to me finding it harder to update this blog.

Earlier this year I received a card back TTM signed by Mr. Cub himself, Ernie Banks. This card instantly jumps into my all-time top ten favorite autographs.

Ernie was an eleven time All-Star, two time MVP, and even won a Gold Glove. In 1982, his # 14 was the first number ever retired by the Chicago Cubs organization. He is a member of the 500 Home Run Club and probably the best player to ever put on a Cubbie uniform.

Thanks, Ernie! Go Cubs!

Ernie Banks - 1958 NL MVP, 1959 NL MVP


1 comment:

  1. Was it free, if so maybe you can email me yanks1996wsc@gmail.com and tell me the address you sent to.

    ReplyDelete