Monday, January 7, 2013

# 325 - Jim Leyland

I'm glad to finally have card # 325 from the 2008 Topps set signed. It's of Detroit Tigers manager, Jim Leyland.

For the past two off-seasons, I've seen people get returns from him and I keep forgetting to send him a request. Well this year I was determined not to miss out. I sent Mr. Leyland a request a few weeks ago and my card came back signed over the weekend.

Leyland is a potential Hall of Famer. He led the Pirates to three straight division titles back in the 90s. He won a World Series in Florida in 1997 and he's won two AL Championships while in Detroit. His win loss record is right around 500 but with another title I bet he gets in.

# 325 - Jim Leyland

Progress: 503/990
 

1 comment:

  1. BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! ::takes a breath:: BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! The Marlboro Man does NOT belong in the Hall of Fame for somehow not screwing up the '97 Marlins (but tanking the other teams he managed instead). BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

    ReplyDelete