Thursday, January 24, 2013

2011 Topps - Aaron Heilman

As I'm getting ready for Spring Training 2013, I'm looking back at some of the cards I got signed in 2012.

Aaron Heilman signed this 2011 Topps card for me over at the Seattle Mariners Spring Training complex last March. Aaron spent parts of the 2010 and 2011 seasons with the Diamondbacks. His time in Arizona was pretty unmemorable. Our bullpen was terrible those years and Aaron didn't do much to break that mold.

Despite that I was actually excited to get this card signed. It was kind of a turning point in my Diamondbacks collection. I realized that I wanted to try to focus on getting former D-Backs to sign their D-Backs cards. Not quite the "The Great Orioles Autograph Project" but something similar without the need to get everyone who has ever played in AZ. 

1 comment:

  1. hey, I live here in arizona, but since tucson got cleared out, I haven't been able to see any spring training practices. I don't exactly know the deal about going 50/50, but if you ever get some doubles of some stars, I'd be interested.

    ReplyDelete