Monday, December 31, 2012

Look back: 2012

Man, I've been blogging for awhile now. As we enter our fifth year, it's time for our annual "Look back" post.

I didn't lay out much in the way of goals in our "Look ahead: 2012" but I have good news. I met my one and only goal! The blog is still alive!

We hit a few roadblocks throughout the year. October saw an all-time low number of posts for a month. This will be our 244th post this year. Another all-time low for a full year.

On the plus side, I'd like to think my blog has evolved a little in 2012. Thanks to the other bloggers in the blogosphere I have a new appreciation for baseball cards that I haven't had since I was a kid. For the past decade or more cards were only something for me to get autographed. I've liked certain designs more than others ( 2002 Fleer Tradition, 2006 A&G ) but ultimately I didn't really care what the card looked like.

This year, I've gotten more serious about our two player collections ( Luis Aparicio and Daniel Hudson ) and even started collecting any and all Diamondbacks cards. I'm still going after the 2008 Topps set of course but it's these other things that have kept blogging fun for me.

I hope everybody is having a good New Year's Eve. I've spent mine scanning cards and watching Seth Rogan movies. Man, I'm cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment