Sunday, September 9, 2012

1999 Starting Lineup - Travis Lee

About a year ago my dad gave my son a half dozen Starting Lineup figures for him to play with. He enjoyed them that day but they quickly were put aside for other toys. My son's been really into baseball recently and he's finally understanding how there are different teams. His favorites are the Cubs, the White Sox, and the Diamondbacks.

He already had a Cubs and White Sox figure but when he asked for a D-Backs one I was a little stumped. My dad and I stopped collecting SLU's a few years before Arizona was awarded our ball club and I didn't have any D-Backs I could dig out for him.

Like any good dad would do, I hit up eBay to see what I could find. For about $5 I grabbed this loose Travis Lee figure because it included the trading card. Now I did feel a little strange buying a Starting Lineup again when we have boxes of these things in storage but the little dude was happy so it was worth it. We've been playing "baseball guys" all weekend. 


No comments:

Post a Comment