Thursday, April 23, 2009

Award Winners: Jake Peavy

No good mail again today so I thought I'd go ahead and highlight another award winner. I thought I'd mix it up a little bit this time and go with a current player... Jake Peavy.

With the Padres being one of my favorite teams, Jake quickly became one of my favorite players. He's a really nice guy and always trys to sign tons of autographs at Spring Training. He signed the card below for me at a ST game last year. He's a pretty good player too. Jake is a two time all-star and he has played in both of the World Baseball Classics for Team USA.

Jake's best year so far has been 2007. He won the pitching triple crown by leading the National League in wins, strikeouts, and ERA. These numbers would make him the unanimous choice for Cy Young.

There have been a lot of trade rumors surrounding Jake this past year. Even though it seems unlikely, I hope he will remain in San Diego for at least a few more years.

Jake Peavy - 2007 NL CY

No comments:

Post a Comment