Saturday, August 31, 2013

1998 Arizona Fall League - Vladimir Nunez

It's finally here! Today is the second annual Diamondbacks Alumni Game. I had a good time at the first one last year so I've been looking forward to this for awhile.

You may remember I was able to get a few alumni autographs last year. I realized that I never posted this one from former D-Backs reliever, Vladimir Nunez. Vladimir signed his card from the 1998 Arizona Fall League set for us.

I got this card at the first Fall League game that I ever attended. My dad saw in the newspaper where they were having an appearance by Hall of Famer Brooks Robinson. He was one of my dad's favorite players so we went to check it out. We each were able to get an autograph from Brooks. I bought the team set and got a few cards signed from the players who were there.

After being a top D-Backs prospect, Vladimir only spent a short time with the big club before being traded to the Marlins. He pitches just over 39 innings and struck out 30 batters. 

No comments:

Post a Comment