Saturday, May 18, 2013

Luis Aparicio Collection - 1962 Topps

I was going through some of my Dad's stuff the other day and I found a few vintage Luis Aparicio cards. I'll post each of them over the next few days.

Ah 1962 Topps. The original "woody" design. It's a classic which was reinvented in 1987.

In 1962 Lil Luis won his fifth consecutive Gold Glove award, was named to his fifth consecutive All-Star team, and led the league in stolen bases for the seventh time in his career. It would also be his last year in Chicago for awhile.

3 comments:

  1. All nice. I do especially love the winged sock logo on the '58.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Got a few more but the older ones are the best.

      Delete
  2. Nice find, Moe! It's hard to not like the original 'woody' set.

    ReplyDelete