Saturday, January 1, 2011

Look ahead: 2011

It's New Year's Day and I guess it's time for my annual look ahead post. I'm glad we met all of our 2010 goals. Hopefully we can do the same in 2011.

  • Progress: 495/990 - Continuing with my strategy from last year, I'm trying to keep this goal as realistic as possible. As our collection of signed 08 Topps cards grows I know we'll reach a point where it's going to be hard to add more new signed cards. That being said, I still think we should be able to reach 50% of the set by the end of the year. Like last year's goal, this might end up being a little bit of a challenge but it should be attainable.

  • 2008 Topps Gold Border Parallel - Right now we only have two Gold Border cards signed. By the end of the year I would like to have at least a dozen.

  • Player Collection - Many other bloggers have player collections and I want to start one too. This should be a fun way to keep my blog updated on the days when I don't have a new signed 08 Topps card to post.

  • Have a Contest - I've seen a lot of blogs having contests recently. Hey, I even won one last year. It's my turn to give something back to my readers. Check back later today for a BIG announcement. I hope you'll be as excited about the prize as I am.

  • Keep My Blog Alive - This is the most important goal. We ended 2010 with nearly 300 posts. I'm kind of amazed I've done so well with finding time to blog this past year. I really enjoy blogging about baseball cards and I want to continue even after I run out of signed 08 Topps cards to post about. In addition to the player collection that will be announced later this year, I have a few other ideas in my head about how I can do so. 2011 should be another great year for My 2008 Topps Set Blog.

Thanks to everyone who's ever read my blog or helped me get a signed card ( bloggers and players included ). Happy New Year!

3 comments:

  1. Happy New Year! Congrats on completing your 2010 goals and good luck on everything in 2011!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year! I'm looking forward to following along in 2011.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to see who all you add next year! I still have a few cards to send your way if I ever find time to package them up!

    ReplyDelete